When you Go Great Lakes Bay in Pure Michigan this fall, you'll find in no time that deer hunting is serious business. But there's another fearless crew that takes opening weekend every bit as seriously as the hunters themselves. The bold. The many. The Deer Widows.
Each year, die-hard Deer Widows shoppers flock to the biggest outlet mall in the Midwest, Birch Run Premium Outlets, and fill the void left by their hunting spouses with stacks on stacks of seriously great deals - all from over 145+ brand name stores, and all at up to 65% off! But, before you set out to nab the big buck of savings, check out our insider tips for cashing in at Birch Run Premium Outlets' 20th Annual Deer Widows Weekend this November 18-20:
DO: Take advantage of your Deer Widow status!
- Keep your list of favorite brands in mind, but also study up on the list of In-Store Promotions so you can open your mind (and your shopping bag) to even bigger savings
- Always make the Information Center in Section F of the outlet mall your first stop of the day (after a stop for coffee, of course)! Here, you can snag a booklet chock-full of coupons for just $5.00 (free for Birch Run Premium Outlets' VIP Members, as well as AAA Members) to help you rack up even more savings during your shop-a-thon.
- While you're at the information center, pick up your free copy of the Deer Widows Weekend Bargain Huning Guide to help you track down even more deals
- Make a Deer Widows Weekend host store one of your first stops of the day on Saturday morning (host stores will be announced soon, so check back here for details). Why? Because that's where you can snag your big bucks scratch-off ticket for loads of additional savings... and they go fast!
- Make sure you don't leave Deer Widows camp early... because Sunday morning marks the block party at Tommy Hilfiger, beginning at 9 AM! You can check back here for more about Sunday's block party as Deer Widows Weekend draws nearer!
DON'T: Underestimate the size of this shopping mecca.
- If your little deer widows-in-training will be in tow, bring a stroller or rent one at the Outlets. They're $5/day for single strollers or $7 for doubles, but quantities are limited, so plan ahead!
- Get together with your fellow widows and gameplan using the Outlet Center Map, staking out your top picks from the complete store directory.
- Take advantage of the free trolley to travel from section to section quickly and easily. Moving the car can be a drag (especially as the parking lots fill and your arms become weighed down by bags inside bags inside bags of savings).
DO: Save on style, and your stay
- Book a Birch Run hotel or another nearby Great Lakes Bay Region hotel with continental breakfast, and eat up. You'll shave off loads of time when getting geared up for the long day(s) of shopping ahead. Remember: a marathon shopping day is no time to cut calories!
- Always travel in a deer widow pack. Why? Because many hotels offer group discounts when booking, and everyone needs a support person (or five) to talk them into that fabulous pair of designer boots or the jeans that don't quite fit yet (but will look amazing when they do)!
DON'T: Take a chance on losing your crew
- You'll want to dress in layers so you can adjust to the changing November weather throughout the day, but consider making one of those layers personalized to help you recognize your crew, should you get separated! Many deer widow packs like to get team shopping t-shirts in a bright color and wear them over their long-sleeved tees or sweatshirts to pinpoint each other in a crowd (camoflauge and hunters orange anyone?)
Deer Widows Weekend Shopping Hours:
Friday, November 18: 10AM - 9PM
Saturday, November 19: 10AM - 9PM (Block Party @ Tommy Hilfiger starts at 9AM)
Sunday, November 20: 10AM - 7PM
Want even more insider know-how for shopping Deer Widows Weekend at Birch Run Premium Outlets? Get to the app store and search "BRPO Events" to download the Official Birch Run Premium Outlets App (available for both iPhone and Android)! Here, you can access the bargain hunting guide, maps, and special Deer Widows Weekend events... and even book your hotel!