Free! Free? What's the catch, right? No catch - free means free in the GLB (Great Lakes Bay)! And whether you're a family on a budget, a crew of friends big on adventure but low on funds, or you're simply a savvy traveler looking to dip into some waterfront fun, dance like no one is watching, take in a film or even fly a plane, these free opportunities will add excitement and memories to your Go Great Lakes Bay getaway without breaking the bank. Put your wallets away (for once), and indulge, experience, and explore for FREE in the GLB!
Watch For It
As the sun goes down, outdoor movie screens lights up at 9 p.m. on Wednesdays during summer months at free, outdoor Movies on Main in Downtown Midland, and also on the side of an historic building at dusk on Sundays in Old Saginaw City's free Lawn Chair Film Festival. Check the websites for movie selections, and don't forget to bring seating and snacks! This lively, memorable experience is different than watching a movie in a theatre, you'll "see".
Soak It Up
Pack up your picnic basket and head to Midland's Longview Spray Park, Saginaw's Frank N. Andersen Celebration Park or Bay City's Spray by the Bay where buckets will dump, giggles will happen, and free fun beyond measure will be had!
Whether you're looking to catch hot acts, cool jazz, cover bands or classic crooners, musical get-downs are ample around here, and the good times are entirely free.
- Pack a blanket or lawn chair for Tunes by the Tridge from 7 - 9 p.m. on Thursday evenings throughout the summer, and prepare for a family-friendly scene, live bands, and unforgettable views of Midland's three-legged pedestrian footbridge, The Tridge.
- Enjoy Thursday Concerts at Uptown Plaza on summer evenings at the Uptown Bay City Fountain where beautiful sunsets over the Saginaw River compliment the ever-changing musical experience.
- Make your way on Wednesdays in July at 7 p.m. to the summer concert series Jazz in the Garden at Saginaw's Andersen Enrichment Center & Lucille E. Andersen Memorial Rose Garden for enjoyment amidst the bountiful blooms. And, should you be in town from 4 - 8 p.m. on June 7, 2017, Jazz on Jefferson is an all-out, free blow-out of jazz musicians, street performances, architectural walking tours and more, not to be missed!
- Attend Wednesdays in the Park Summer Concert Series at 7 p.m. at Wenonah Park in Bay City for musical acts ranging from an Eagles cover band to an Elvis tribute artist. Also, heads up families-plan for free musical acts, sing-alongs, magic shows, and more on Wednesdays at 11:30 a.m. in Wenonah Park during the Young Peoples Summer Series!
- Boogie with hundreds in the streets of Downtown Saginaw during the PRIDE Friday Night Live Series, and don't miss the musical entertainment by way of Friday at the Falls at 6 p.m. on summer evenings in Downtown Bay City, right next to the luminescent 3rd Street Star Bridge, a free experience worth a visit in its own right.
- Finish out a whirlwind weekend at Free Sunday Concerts in the Park at 7 p.m. in Frankenmuth. Bring your blanket or lawn chair, and enjoy tuning into a Sinatra experience or even a Fleetwood Mac tribute!
Families looking to add "unforgettable" to their Go Great Lakes Bay getaway will find Kids Fly Free just the ticket! From 9 a.m. - noon on the second Saturday of every month (except September) at Midland's Jack Barstow Airport, children ages 8 - 17 are invited to learn about aviation and fly with an experienced pilot!
Take a one-way excursion along 6.5-mile Wildlife Drive auto route for free sightings of nature's glory, and hop onto any of the three trails that together make up the Great Lakes Bay Regional Trail to add free biking, hiking, or in-line skating enjoyment to your journey! Or, depending on what you and your crew "go wild" over, spend time at Midland's Chippewa Nature Center for an evening Full Moon Stroll or an afternoon of exploration as you Discover the Homestead Farm.
Whether you spend time in our Farmers Markets soaking up sights, sounds, and free demonstrations, or enjoy free admission to peruse towering works of art inside the Marshall M. Fredericks Sculpture Museum or 1,000s of blooms at Dahlia Hill, or take a free and fantastic walk along the sandy shoreline of our Saginaw Bay-enjoy any and many free-as free-can-be experiences in the GLB!