Heritage Homestead Farm was built by John G. Garber in 1874 when he moved to Bay County from neighboring Midland. Traditional among the German immigrants who settled in the area, the structure includes a barn attached to the house which has nine rooms fully furnished, and is accessible through an enclosed passageway to the kitchen. There is also a shed of early farming implements, a springhouse and a corncrib. Heritage House is currently owned by the Essexville-Hampton Board of Education and maintained by the Heritage House volunteers and is available for tours. Open by appointment only, Summer Sunday afternoons 2:00pm-4:00pm from Memorial Day – Labor Day. Admission by donation. There is a fee for group tours with a guide.
Time slows while in St. Charles, a place just off the beaten path where folks still wave to one another upon passing. Family ...Keep Exploring »