Known as "The Showplace of Northeastern Michigan"
The Temple Theatre and Event Center offers:
• Theatre Seating for 1,750
• A quality reputation and favorite destination among Mid-Michigan residents
• Prestige, distinction and honor for the audience, presenters and sponsors
• Lounge, Ballroom and Premier Room
• The only Barton Butterfield Special organ in original condition
What is being said amidst all the excitement surrounding the Temple?
• "We look at the Temple as being similar to the Fox Theater and how it represents Detroit."
• "A theatre that takes its rank alongside the best houses in the Midwest."
• "It has ambience. And the acoustics. No place sounds like that."
• "Our loyalty is to this theatre. It has to be preserved so our children and their children know the elegance of Saginaw."
• "People support the Temple Theatre because it is a real gem in this community."
• "The Theatre was magically elegant during the Christmas holidays."
Awards Received by the Temple Theatre
• 2005 Governor Award for Historic Preservation
• Michigan Historic Preservation Network 2006 Building Award
• Saginaw Arts and Enrichment Commission-All Area Arts-Special Project Award
• PRIDE Saginaw Preservation Award
• Saginaw County Chamber of Commerce Spirit of Saginaw Award