Back
Discovery Park logo
Discovery Preserve
Discovery Park

Discovery Preserve

1701 South Euclid Avenue
Bay City, MI 48706
(989) 891-9986
  • Under the management of the SBLC, Discovery Preserve, formerly known as Euclid Linear Park, has become a learning landscape for children and families. The initial investment came in summer of 2014 when funding and volunteers from The Dow Chemical Company and others made it possible to re-deck half of an aging boardwalk, rehabilitate signage and a port-a-toilet shelter, remove invasive species, plant thousands of native plants, and develop informative displays. The site is designed as a learning landscape with a spotting scope, native grass and wildflower plantings, and the Chippewa Nature Center Pavilion. The pavilion is a 200-square foot shelter designed to act as a Bay County foothold for the CNC to expand its offerings to Bay City in partnership with the SBLC. There is also a new playground with boulders, a cave, a log cabin, and challenging features for climbing, making noise, and getting outside in a fun, safe and educational environment.