Dedicated in 1930 to commemorate Bay City pilots who gave their lives for their country, the Colonial Revival Administration Building at James Clements Airport was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1982. The building today houses a collection of photographs of Bay City’s military pilots. The airport is home to the Valley Aero Club and local chapters of the Civil Air Patrol and the Experimental Aircraft Association. The boggy areas on the outskirts of the airport are also home to the cream-colored prairie fringed orchid, a rare and threatened wildflower. The Airport Administration building is open daily from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.